From close of business 28th August 2020 it is no longer possible to request Australian Dollar or New Zealand Dollar drafts via the Bank of Ireland website or through the branch network . Please speak to a member of staff at your local branch during business hours or call B365 on 1890 365 365 for other payment options available.
Bank Draft Request Form
- You can ask us for a Bank Draft online (using the form below) and in Bank of Ireland branches.
- You do not need to tell us the amount you want the Draft for, or the currency you want it. You can provide us with this information on arrival at branch.
- Bank Drafts are only available to Bank of Ireland Customers for amounts of €500 -or more (or foreign currency equivalent).
- You will need to tell us the name of the person or organisation you want to pay and the country they are based.
- Please ensure that the full name of the payee is used. Avoid initials (including personal and corporate names i.e. J Bloggs should read Joe Bloggs, RBS should read Royal Bank of Scotland). This is a mandatory requirement; failure to comply can result in a delay to the processing of the Draft Request.
- A Bank Draft Request submitted online before 6pm on a normal business day will be available for purchase at your designated branch the following business day.
- A Bank Draft Request submitted online after 6pm on a normal business day will be available for purchase at your designated branch two business days later.
- If we need to contact you, we will call you on the telephone number you provide below.
- Please use the FX calculator here if you wish to get an indication of foreign exchange value.
- To learn more about Bank Drafts please visit our Help Centre here